Consulting Principal Oil Midstream & Downstream (OMD) for Europe, CIS and Africa is responsible for identifying and growing consulting sales and managing and supporting consulting projects.
Successful candidates will be able to build and maintain strong client relationships; write and deliver project presentations; and lead moderately complex consulting assignments and contribute to complex consulting assignments.
Candidates must have a strong fundamental understanding of crude oil markets and refining. In particular this role is intended to grow our LPG consulting business in this region, supported by our global LPG research and consulting team.
Candidates will have demonstrated the ability to work in challenging client situations and have the skills to build strong relationships both within client organizations and inside the matrixed IHS Markit organization.
Excellent written and verbal communication is critical to success.
- Collaborate and build productive relationships with other colleagues within OMDC, IHS Markit Energy (upstream oil & gas, power and climate) and other IHS Markit businesses
- Effectively lead moderate complexity consulting projects and support complex projects utilizing deep industry and commercial knowledge of downstream team, IHS Markit research and broader IHS Markit expert network
- Develop productive relationships within industry and among clients to generate repeat business and revenues
- Grow total client business, particularly for LPG consulting, through leveraging subscription products into consulting proposals, upselling strategy content and consulting value-add for ongoing consulting relationships and requests
- Demonstrate teamwork thorough collaboration with project leaders and contributing to ongoing consulting projects as needed
- Be knowledgeable of subscription products and be able to represent the oil markets, midstream and downstream research to clients and prospects
- Minimum of 6 years directly related experience traditionally acquired by working for industry, consulting or technology firms or government
- Oil industry and direct oil market/downstream experience highly desirable
- LPG industry experience desirable
- Project management desirable
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in economics, statistics, engineering or industry-related fields and graduate degree preferred
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education
Skills And Other Competencies
- Commercial track record of business development, sales and revenue growth desirable
- Commercial track record of the delivery consulting projects desirable
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of business to enable effective/productive communications with both colleagues and client – essential
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a complex, matrixed organization
- Demonstrates knowledge across a broad range of issues and trends within the sector
- Demonstrates knowledge of advanced business principles (e.g., strategy, risk, advanced finance/economics) and how to apply them to specific client opportunities and challenges
- Capable of defining/framing moderately complex problems, and communicating this clearly to senior colleagues and clients
- Accomplished at utilizing a range of standard in-house tools and analytical platforms efficiently; understands relevance of analytical tools for specific situations
- Ability to coaches others (including clients) in use of analytical models
- Must be highly organized and creative with accomplished time and project management skills
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit is a global leader in information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to help them see the big picture with unrivaled insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in over 140 countries, including 85 percent of the Fortune Global 500. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.