Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results – all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Responsibilities of the role;
As a Director in the EMEA security practice, you will be responsible for
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully defining and delivering their strategic security initiatives.
- Developing, building and enhancing the Gartner brand with security leaders across our clients
- Building, enhancing and maintaining your own brand in the security profession and amongst your peers
- Involvement in all aspects of the consulting sales cycle from lead qualification through to delivery assurance of security engagements
- Having the ability to sell security consulting engagements
- Being a subject matter expert in at least one core security domain (e.g. IAM, Cyber Security Operations, GRC and Strategy or Security Architecture)
- Managing the coordination and communicating of key findings and results of engagements supervising written reports and oral presentations to senior client management and key senior stakeholders.
- Assisting the Practice Lead with the management and co-ordination of your practice team including recruitment, appraisals and development.
- Maintaining a Director level expertise and currency in industry leading information management technologies.
- Managing the delivery of board-level engagement reports and presenting key findings to board-level executives and stakeholders.
- Managing and mentoring all junior Gartner consultants assigned as members of your practice team.
- Developing, building and maintaining board-level client relationships.
- Contributing to the development of project management, quality assurance and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies.
- Proven security consulting experience – essential.
- Technical security exposure and experience – essential
- Relevant security qualifications – highly desirable.
- Proven track record of helping achieving sales targets – essential
- Senior consulting experience from IT consulting firm – highly desirable
- Excellent people skills and customer relationship track record – essential
- Willingness to travel – essential
- Fluent in English – essential
- Fluent in another European language – highly desirable
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.