Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains an organisation’s history and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helpscustomers around the world make sense of the message.
As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms data into insights that give our clients a fresh perspective on their business. They can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.”
SAS is currently seeking for an experienced professional for the position of aRetail/CPG Industry Consultant focused on Retail and CPG Industries within Professional Services Department. The Retail/CPG Industry Consultant is a critical role at SAS – these consultants play a vital role in successful implementations of SAS Retail/CPG solutions – they provide necessary business and functional knowledge to ensure that Customer teams, SAS consultants, and partners follow best practices in implementation of SAS software.
SAS Retail/CPG Solutions combine innovative technology and advanced analytics with deep business expertise to help our clients make effective decisions. SAS Retail/CPG Solutions help customers answer critical questions related to cost reduction, revenue and margin increasing, efficiency and effectiveness streamlining in different business areas.
As a Retail/CPG Industry Consultant, you will position and support implementations of SAS Retail/CPG Solutions for Demand Forecasting, Inventory optimization and replenishment, Assortment planning and optimization and Price modelling and Optimization. You will provide expertise during project presale phase (before a project starts) and mainly during the project implementation. You will help clients use technology strategically to create a competitive advantage with data driven and analytical approach.
The geography of projects – German speaking countries of Europe, but projects in other countries are also possible.
You will collaborate with the following people inside SAS:
- Analytical consultants – experts in methods of mathematical modelling, statistics, machine learning
- Solution consultants – experts in using SAS software industry solution with predefined customizable business logic
- ETL and BI consultants
- Functional and System Architects
- Product owners – this is a centralized role for the whole Retail/CPG Professional Services Practice. These people collect and unify expertise related to “how SAS solutions and analytical tools should be used to solve this particular business problem”.
- Project/Engagement Manager in the Professional Services Department – these people provide consulting sales and project management services
- Representatives of the Retail Line of Business, Sales and Customer Advisory divisions.
Your role in a consulting project will be:
- To act as a liaison between the Customer and the team of Analytical Consultants, Solution Consultants, ETL and BI consultants, Architects and Product owners. You will work with Analytical Consultants, Solution Consultants and Product Owners to build the respective solution for the customer; and you will then present the results to the Customer.
- To work proactively with the Customer to elicit Customer’s requirements and to manage Customer’s expectations from the business application perspective accordingly. You will advise the Customer on the need of business changes. The change management itself is generally outside of responsibility of SAS in a project, but your role is to ensure that the Customer understands what SAS is doing correctly and that Customer’s expectations about business results are aligned with what SAS is delivering in the project.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide domain and solution expertise to on-going Retail/CPG projects.
- Implement SAS solutions or analytical tools to solve Demand Forecasting, Inventory optimization, Assortment Planning and Price modelling and Optimization business problems:
- Understanding and development of Customer needs
- Preparing and conducting solution demo workshops with the Customer
- Retail Business process definition (as-is / to-be) on the basis of input provided by the Customer and based on SAS Retail/CPG solutions and capabilities
- Defining business goals, tasks, KPIs and success criteria of a SAS implementation project
- Business Requirements gathering and fit/gap analysis
- Searching for the best coverage of the Customer’s business processes considering the possibilities and limitations of solutions
- Searching insights to improve Customers business with machine learning and statistical analysis capabilities
- UAT and Go-Live Support
- Presenting project business results to the Customer
- Provide oversight, guidance and expertise to ensure projects are executed as designed.
- Lead on-site training and coaching on SAS solutions for Customers.
- Act as key point of contact for Customers. Act as liaison to Product Management and Sales teams.
- Anticipate and resolve cross-functional project related issues and work with Project Managers to implement improvements.
- Identify new software or services opportunities within the Customer and communicate to the appropriate SAS management team(s)
A successful candidate will have experience of a Retail/CPG business solution project implementation acting as a representative of a Customer or a Contractor.
The candidate should possess general knowledge of the Retail/CPG industry’s business processes, including awareness of at least two of the following:
- Demand forecasting and shaping
- Sales & Operations Planning
- Integrated Business Planning
- Merchandise financial planning
- Assortment planning and optimization
- Regular price modeling and optimization
- Promotion effectiveness and optimization
- Markdown price optimization
- Inventory optimization and replenishment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field or related industry; master’s degree or MBA is preferred;
- More than 5 years of experience working for leading Retail or CPG companies (or a consultant providing services to such companies), preferably including 1-2 years in a leadership role within the business;
- Experience defining and/or developing creative solutions to complex business challenges in Retail/CPG industries.
- Hands-on skills to work with Business Analysis Documents (Business Requirements Definition Document, User Guides, etc.)
- Strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills combined with outstanding business acumen.
- Proven ability to lead teams, motivate others, gain respect of clients and colleagues and work collaboratively.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly (verbally and in writing).
- Ability to work independently; ability to be effective in diverse, virtual, cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Ability to travel as business needs require (travel could be up to 75%) throughout countries of Europe.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and priorities across multiple, competing activities, and internal and external customers.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Experience in implementing technical and business solutions to solve complex business problems in business intelligence/analytics/data integration/data warehousing areas.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to system applications and user needs.
- Ability to work with database query languages.
- Experience and skills in data analysis/data mining/machine learning.
- Working knowledge of Retail/CPG business tools, e.g. SAS, Oracle, SAP, JDA, Revionics, TXT, Predictix, etc.
SAS headquarters in France. But we expect that majority of your time will be customer-facing or project-related activities, so your permanent location is of secondary importance. The job will require extensive travelling up to 75%, but some of work can be done remotely.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.