The Supply Chain Consulting Analyst supports the Project Consultants and works in a team environment to design best-in-class supply chain solutions. This highly motivated person will assure that the engineered solution will be both cost-effective as well as innovative.This role presents an excellent career opportunity for a strong professional with a clear motivation to learn methodology and to develop the required skills to design supply chain solutions. The position will provide insight into various industries and work with a diverse team in an international environment. This position is located in Indianapolis, IN, USA and requires between ~30-50% domestic and international travel.
- Work directly with clients & internal teams to understand business requirements of a client organization
- Identify data requirements and necessary supporting analysis, and formulating strategies and solutions that yield value for our clients
- Develop innovative solutions leveraging internal tools, knowledge, and international expertise
- Develop supply and distribution network structures for client companies, evaluating cost, service, and flexibility. Determine optimal site location and inventory levels for a facility, determine ideal transportation lanes, and identify appropriate mix of transportation and contracting strategies
- Develop design of a facility, coordinating Operations, IT Systems, Safety, and Quality. Determine layout arrangement, work flow processes, labor requirement, material handling requirement, and general building parameters
- Facilitate sourcing of logistics services and material handling equipment, evaluating logistics service and equipment suppliers, and providing unbiased evaluation of total cost and benefit of various providers
- Support implementation, manage change, and provide ramp-up support at go-live.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Information Systems Technology Management, Business Analytics
- Relevant supply chain industry experience is an asset
- Experience working in supply chain functions (planning, production, warehousing, transportation)
- 0-5 years experience
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Advanced skill with MS Office suite, especially Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of network optimization software is a plus
Miebach Consulting is the world’s largest supply chain focused consulting and engineering firm. This focus has enabled the development of a range of services, from strategic engagements, such as network optimization, to more tactical services, such as facility design. Supply chain leaders benefit from having one firm support them with a seamless transition from strategy through implementation. Miebach’s over 360 consultants in 18 countries around the world provide the knowledge and experience to aid clients in local, regional, and global projects.Whether our clients are considering designing new warehouses or distribution centers, introducing Lean initiatives in manufacturing facilities, optimizing supply chain networks, developing new inventory deployment strategies, or re-engineering their entire supply chain, Miebach’s business model ensures the client is always placed first. By remaining a pure consulting and engineering firm, we face no internal pressure to recommend solutions, systems, or software based upon anything other than our client’s needs.Over the past 40 years, we have developed a results-driven culture that is committed to defined targets and exceeding customer expectations. The proof is in our results; regularly more than half of the companies on the Gartner “Top 25 Supply Chains” are clients of Miebach. We have services that can support, across any industry, a company’s planning, inbound, manufacturing, and distribution aspects, either holistically or individually. This portfolio of services has been developed organically across numerous continents from our several hundred projects per year.
About Miebach Consulting
Miebach Consulting was founded in 1973 in Frankfurt, Germany by Dr. Joachim Miebach to provide supply chain consulting as well as engineering services in logistics and production for large and medium-sized companies on a global scale. Our global network in key regions of Europe, North and South America, and Asia ensures we can provide optimum and effective support to our international customers based on local background knowledge.